Permanent Cosmetics After care
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (14 days).
• Your brows should remain dry all day and all night for 14 days. To help with itchiness you may use a q-tip to apply LIGHT coat of aftercare ointment once or twice a day. Be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention. Keep out of the sun for seven days.Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 14 days.
No sweating or sun exposure for 14 days
• After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks,don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a technician can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.Warnings
▪ Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
▪ Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
▪ Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
▪ Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
▪ Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
What is normal?
• Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
• A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure.Your first touchup is included 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.