COSMETIC TATTOO AfterCARE
• You must be off Retin-A or Retinols 7 days prior to appointment and avoid or or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (7-14 days).
• Your brows should remain dry all day and all night for 7-14 days. To help with itchiness you may use a q-tip to apply LIGHT coat of aftercare ointment once or twice a day. Be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention. Keep out of the sun for seven days.Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 7 days.
• After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks,don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a technician can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.Warnings
▪ Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
▪ Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
▪ Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
▪ Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
▪ Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
What is normal?
• Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
• A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure.Your first touchup is included 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.
GENTLY wash your brows with a pea size amount of ink soap (given during appointment), using water to suds it up in your hand. Wash 2x a day, once in the AM, once in the PM before bed. You do not need to scrub the brows, just use clean fingers to wash with gentle wiping motions in the direction of hair growth about 5x per brow, then rinse. Use a fresh paper towel to pat them dry, do not rub. Apply a light coating of healing balm (given during appointment) to brows after every wash to keep them hydrated. This will help avoid scabbing by removing any excess fluid, blood, and pigment that may collect in the area, and keeping the brows hydrated.
DO NOT drink coffee, alcohol, or energy drinks, or take ibuprofen/aspirin on the day of your procedure to avoid bleeding/oozing and scab formation. (Tylenol is ok.)
DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any flaking or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring. There is no need to touch your brows at all unless you are washing them with clean hands.
DO NOT get your brows wet unless you are cleaning them during your daily regimen for 10 DAYS. This includes any water, so no swimming, steam or hot water from the shower, makeup, setting sprays, perfume, etc. Even a small drop that seems unimportant may expand the wound, cause infection, or create a scab which will pull your pigment out with it. Use your shower stickers! After 10 days, you may shower normally, and wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
NO Sweating. Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 DAYS. You MUST refrain from working out and sweating
(even a little) for 7 DAYS to prevent the salt & oils from damaging your pigment or creating a
cloudy/powdered effect. Not cute!
NO facials, retinols, AHA's, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 6-8 WEEKS after your initial procedure and 4 weeks after your touch-up. NO Latisse, Revitabrow, Grande Lash or other lash/brow serum 30 DAYS before & after treatment is fully healed or you may shift your pigment.
WAIT 2 WEEKS before threading or waxing brows, and 4 WEEKS before tinting. Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 DAYS. Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 WEEKS after procedure. Happy healing!
w h a t t o e x p e c t d u r i n g h e a l i n g & l o n g t e r m c a r e
Color will appear darker and bolder in the first few days after the procedure. Once healed, the color will generally fade anywhere from 10-50%. After the flaky layer of skin sheds naturally, (DO NOT PICK!) a shiny new layer will appear over the brows, and it will shield you from seeing your strokes. It may look cloudy or blurry for a few days. Don't panic, they will reappear in 1-2 weeks, and will be fully healed at 6 weeks.
Please be patient to see your final results and avoid picking, as this can result in uneven color, blank spots, or scarring. It takes a full 6 weeks or more to see your healed results. Once we are in the touch-up timeframe, we can add more density, or make any necessary adjustments. Touch-up visits should fall between 6-8 weeks, so please plan accordingly.
Some residual swelling, redness, or blanching (whiteness around treatment area) is normal and can last a few hours to a few days.
Healing is specific to each client. You will need a touch-up every 1-3 years to maintain fresh and natural appearance. Some clients may choose to come in sooner for a small touch-up visit. Everyone's genetics, physiological makeup, and lifestyle will affect the treatment in various, unique ways. You may still need to fill in or powder your brows after they heal- this is an enhancement to your natural brows, not a permanent one.
Sun exposure can fade healed pigment over time, so avoid extended sunbathing and ALWAYS wear sunscreen on the face and brow area.
Smoking WILL cause pigment to fade prematurely.
Glycolic acid, retinol products, exfoliating, and other treatments should always be avoided in the brow area, as it will lighten the pigment.
If you are having laser resurfacing, or laser hair removal, inform your technician, as lasers can change the color of your pigment. Lash & hair growth serums can also shift pigments and are not recommended for use within 2 months before and after procedure.